Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Luscious Villa

Along the riverbanks, many wealthy people were housed. Wouldn't you love to live in a gorgeous house in the middle of the countryside. They all fallow the same model. They are built to separate the household service areas, such as stables, storerooms, kitchens, craftsmen's workshops, and servants' quarters from the owner's residence. Guest rooms include bedrooms, dressing rooms, toilet facilities, a dining room, and reception rooms. I wish that I had this attached to my house! Then, when my brother is annoying me I can just move to the guest facilities! The garden is one of the main attractions. It is a great relaxing palace, with a pool in the middle for swimming and fishing. Can you imagine a present day home having fish in the pool where you swim? It would be very unique. It is surrounded by palm trees, shrubs, fruit trees, arbors and flower beds. It is designed to be a shady welcome center filled with wonderful aromas. If you are lucky enough to be invited to a party like this, you will be treated like royalty...and not like a 3 year old's dress-up party. You will be welcomed by maidservants, then, if you wish, a servant will guide you to a steam bath. Then you will be given a refreshing shower and massaged with invigorating oils. If only I lived then.....I wouldn't be late because they get me ready! Afterward, when you are wearing beautiful clothes and the required wig, you will be accompanied to the banquet.

No comments:

Post a Comment